Our Lady Queen of Saints
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Our Lady Queen of Saints

Home Schooling Families Educating The Saints of Tomorrow

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Diary of a Wimpy Kid"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"Diary of a Wimpy Kid" Empty "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" Tue 14 Dec - 15:42

JamieM

I have a friend whose daughter is interested in reading these books. She has reservations, and asked my opinion. I told her based on what I've seen and an interview I saw with the author, I wouldn't want my kids reading them. I think there are far more wholesome options out there. Her daughter is in third grade.

What are your thoughts?

2"Diary of a Wimpy Kid" Empty Re: "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" Tue 18 Jan - 11:32

smores2002

This post is very delayed but just in case anyone else is interested. Sonja did read part of one and it was fine. I also heard from someone else that the books are ok. I can't guarantee that they all are, since there are several out there. One I would recommend is the one I did buy--it's like the regular books except you fill in the blanks to tell your own story..so it's kind of like a journal I suppose but it could be for a boy or girl. I think this would be great for kids, like our son Joshua, to start becoming more aware of their feelings and how others play a role in his life.

3"Diary of a Wimpy Kid" Empty Re: "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" Thu 20 Jan - 11:36

JamieM

Thanks!

4"Diary of a Wimpy Kid" Empty Re: "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" Thu 20 Jan - 17:14

MomtoPaul

MomtoPaul
Admin

Jamie- My kids got these from my Mother for christmas- they really liked reading them. They seemed very "light", I didn't see or hear anything odd when I was listening to them talk about the stories. They have moved back to Percy Jackson and the Olympians - that series never seems to grow old to them.

The Whimpy kid series seems to be ok, but I will be glad to "spot check" in a book or two if it would help.

Wendy

5"Diary of a Wimpy Kid" Empty Re: "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" Fri 21 Jan - 11:19

JamieM

Thanks, Wendy, that would be great. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum