Our Lady Queen of Saints
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Our Lady Queen of Saints

Home Schooling Families Educating The Saints of Tomorrow

You are not connected. Please login or register

organization skills/tips needed

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jenna

jenna

Hello,

I'm new to this group and to homeschooling as well, and I'm looking for tips on getting through the day and not feeling overwhelmed. (i.e fixing meals, schooling multiple kids, cleaning the house, getting alone/relax/exercise time)

How do homeschooling moms fit in all the necessary duties of a homeschooling mom? What do you find necessary to schedule? Any tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

God Bless,

Jen Question

filomena33

filomena33

Hi Jenna,

A book alot of moms I know have enjoyed is:
A Mothers Rule of Life: How to bring order to your home and peace to your soul.by Holly Pierlot.
Here is a link to a description http://www.catholicfreeshipping.com/Products/cfs_moruoflibyho.html

The SAILS library network has it.

It can get a little crazy at times but it is all so worth it!!

Homeschooling mother of four ages 7,5,2 and 9 months.

Blessings
Trish

Momtonineblessings

Momtonineblessings
Admin

Hi Jen!

For not feeling overwhelmed: with my family, and for myself, it begins with prayer. With prayer, our home is so much more harmonious rather than with out it. The family Rosary ((with little ones just a decade is good to start with and as they grow older, (even with little ones that may come along), the full Rosary is very attainable)), grace before every meal including snacks, Sunday Mass as a family and even daily Mass (I have taken the little ones to daily Mass, but now that I have teenagers that don't always want to go they stay home with the little ones when they don't come with me). These are a few practices that bring so much peace and joy to our home. The Mass should be the center of our lives, this alone brings so much peace. If you can't make it to daily Mass, a Spiritual Communion is also very powerful, you are still receiving Jesus in your heart. Waking up a half hour before the children is helpful, the morning offering and just for quiet meditation with God. I also try to get a few things done before everyone wakes us. Also, a prayer to the Holy Spirit before we begin studies is helpful!

As for the meals, we do once a month cooking. I will be talking more about this and the stewardship of OAMC at our June support group meeting. It has been a saving grace in so many ways for my family. It makes meal time so much easier, especially when we have had a long, busy day and no time to cook a healthy nutritious meal.

For the schooling, your children are so young, starting out gently using a theory that would work for your family is the best way to go. An hour a day would be more than enough for formal studies. Take it slow.

Remember, your children will still be learning through out the day through life experiences alone, cooking, cleaning/chores, getting along with siblings, walks through the outdoors (nature studies), these are learning experiences and are all treasures for the future. We do have a chore list for all the children and it has changed over the years according to their ages. Starting as young as 3 or 4, children have chores, making their beds, cleaning up after themselves, to name a couple. The babies, as soon as they can, help out in little ways, putting toys back into the correct totes, putting shoes in the correct bins, so forth and so on. Make a to do list for yourself. Make it realistic. You do not want to become frustrated if you can't complete it.

There is the support group. It is always helpful to reach out to another homeschooling Mom when you do feel overwhelmed. There is always someone willing to help and listen to you.

You will see the blessings unfold through your homeschooling endeavors. It has been a blessing for my family in so many ways! I am excited for you as you begin this new venture in your lives!

If you ever need any thing, please feel free to call!! I will keep you in my prayers as you begin your homeschooling adventure! Enjoy!!

God bless,
Jennifer Very Happy

MomtoPaul

MomtoPaul
Admin

When I saw this "free" book on currclick it made me think of this question. Maybe some tips can be found in this mother's journey

In order to download this book, You will need to make an account if you don't already have one

http://www.currclick.com/product_info.php?products_id=29450&it=1&filters=0_0_0&free=1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum